Training on research and use of Country of Origin Information in procedures for international protection
High quality COI is a prerequisite for fair and efficient procedures for international protection. The knowledge and understanding of quality standards and practical research skills form the main content of COI training.
ACCORD provides COI training to eligibility officers, judges, lawyers, legal counsels and law students.
Training sessions are based on the training manual (available for download in seven languages, see download area) or the COI Modul of the European Asylum Curriculum.
COI Training presents background information and practical exercises enabling persons working with COI to:
- understand basic principles of the refugee status determination (RSD) procedure;
- understand the role of COI in the context of RSD;
- apply quality standards in COI research;
- identify and select relevant and reliable sources and information;
- conduct efficient and creative research; and
- administrate and document research results.