Our people are the deciding factor in the success of the Red Cross, this achieved through the following:
- Identification with the organisation and its aims
- Opportunity to be responsible and independent
- Performance Related Promotion
- continuous and advanced training
- Improved internal information flow
- Modern working conditions
- Aid for when the aid worker when required
- Intensive future development work: Encouragement of Youth groups
- Development and implementation of modern management instruments and adequate forward planning
- Clear attribution of tasks, skills responsibilities between local, district and national organisations and general office, through effective structuring
Communication for the Red Cross as a service providing organisation is an essential function, for all the units and service areas are concerned.
- Intensive training of management in the area of communication
- Local organisations must look at the bigger picture and think in terms of the whole Red Cross when dealing with media.
- Securing the internal information flows.
- Creation of meaningful publications (brochures, leaflets, videos…)
- Looking for action orientated partnerships with the media
- Being concerned with the way the media puts across any information regarding the Red Cross, making sure the right message gets through.
- A uniform appearance to ensure recognition
Goal: to conserve confidence and credibility
- The Goal is to link cost and performance and to make sure that costs are always covered.
- Updating the costing (irregular costs, cost centres, product cost accounting) ensuring cost transparency.
- Application of regulated budgetary and controlling instruments.
- Observing auditing guidelines (professional auditing)
- Encouragement of a broad financial donor base.
- Increasing information about what the money is being spent on