Annual ENPS Forum 2012
Paris, France: Friday 26 to Sunday 28 October 2012
At the headquarter of the French Red Cross, 98 rue Didot, 75014 Paris.
The purpose of the Forum is to provide European Red Cross/Red Crescent National Societies, working in the domain of Psycho-social Support (PS), with a venue and the time to exchange ideas, good practice and tactics. It will allow the participants to set strategy and recommendations for future PS development.
The style of the Forum will include a number of presentations by speakers on related topics in addition to examples of RC/RC practice and interventions. Equal time will be given to participation in themed and facilitated workshops.
The Forum language will be English.
Each European RC/RC National Society is invited to participate. Participants should have interest in, responsibility for, or practical experience of, psycho-social support activities, programmes or training.
The Forum will be held at the French Red Cross Headquarters in Paris, France, from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 October, 2012; from 2 p.m. on Friday to 1 p.m. on Sunday.
Title: Resilience and communication. “Mind the gap!”
The Forum this year will focus on the importance of communication, group cohesion and social links in Red Cross psychosocial work. We will share, exchange and discuss the following:
- Exploring the myths of communication
- What is communication in crisis?
- The importance of communication for group cohesion and resilience
- How could the Red Cross/Red Crescent, through community action, reinforce the resilience of vulnerable groups and facilitate social links?
- Practical examples of the work of National Societies
- Follow-up on Red Cross/Red Crescent post-crisis interventions during recent years.