Belgian Red Cross - Flemisch Community
Who is responsible for psychosocial support (PSS)?
Rode Kruis-Dringende Social Interventie, Belgian Red Cross (Flanders)
Social Intervention Service functions as point of reference for PSP within the NS.
Contact for PSS
Koen Van Praet
Phone: +32-15 44 34 99
Fax: +32-15-44 33 07
Website of the national society or PSS
Field of psychosocial support at the moment
- Immediate psychosocial support following disasters and incidents. Within hours up to a month.
- PSS to Belgian Red Cross(Flanders) volunteers and staff.
- Managing and training Emergency Care Team at Brussels Airport
- Training and implementing Crisis PSS network at community level
- Psychological First Aid to the public
- Major incidents
- Workplace accidents and violence
- Youth organisations
Scope of activities:
- Psychosocial support /Professional advices for organizations where it is needed
- Training, information and crisis management
- To help various organisations (from local Youth group tot Council of the EU) to integrate PSS aspects in their Contingency planning
- Training of internal resources in risks’ contexts (councillor of the EU, NATO, penitentiary facilities,…)