Who is responsible for psychosocial support (PSS)?
The Psychosocial Emergency Assistance Unit (Sisu)
Contact for PSS
Anne Sophie Delizee
Phone: +32-81-58 57 21
Fax: +32-81-74 67 72
Website of the national society or PSS
Field of psychosocial support at the moment
- Immediate psychosocial support following disasters and incidents;
- Training and implementing PSS network at community level (authorities, psychosocial workers,…);
- PSS to volunteers and staff from Belgian Red Cross (French community) : our international delegates / our national staff from reception centers for asylum seekers and refugees / our national staff from the emergency and rescue department (“112” ambulance) / … ;
- Managing and training Emergency Care Team “Stressteam” at Fedasil (the Belgian Federal Agency for the reception of refugees and asylum seekers).
- Major incidents;
- Workplace violence and accidents;
- Public Minstries;
- Youth Organisations;
- Social Organisations.
Scope of activities
- Training, information and Crisis management;
- Psychosocial support / Professional advices for organizations where it is needed
- To help various Organisations to integrate PSS aspects in their Contingency planning
- Training of internal resources in ‘risks’ contexts.