Who is responsible for psychosocial support (PSS)?
Disaster Preparedness & ResponseDepartment
Contact for PSS
Contact person 1
Contact person 2
Website of the national society or PSS
Field of psychosocial support at the moment
- Ongoint trainings at the 17 Youth Emergency Teams operating throughout the country and affiliated to 17 BRC local councils. The work at the Youth Emergency Teams is coordinated by the Bulgarian Red Cross Youth (BRC Youth Department).
- Ongoing trainings in psychosocial support for the 5 Disaster Response Teams coordinated by the Disaster Preparedness and Response Department at the BRC.
- Ongoing trainings in psychological first aid for the mountain Search-and-Rescue Teams at the Bulgarian Red Cross, coordinated by the BRC Mountain Rescue Service.
- Ongoing trainings in psychological first aid for the water (flood) rescue teams, coordinated by the BRC Water Life Saving Service.
- Psychosocial support provided as part of the home-care programme for senior citizens coordinated by the BRC Social Welfare Department.
- Psychosocial support for children and youngsters / social care institutions, coordinated by the BRC Youth.