Annual ENPS Forum 2016
Lisbon, Portugal: 18 to 20 November 2016
Hosted by the Portuguese Red Cross
Psychosocial Responses to the Migrant Crisis
The purpose of the Forum is to provide European Red Cross/Red Crescent National Societies, working in the domain of Psycho-social Support (PS), with a venue and safe place to exchange ideas, promote good practice and network. It will allow participants to review and enhance current programmes and make recommendations for future PS developments.
The Forum has been designed to be as engaging and interactive as possible. It will include a number of presentations, examples of RC/RC practice and interventions, as well as discussions in workshops and sharing groups. The Forum language will be English.
Each European RC/RC National Society is invited to participate. Participants should have an interest in, responsibility for and/or practical experience of psycho-social support activities, programmes or training.
The Forum will be held in the Hotel Acores, Lisbon from Friday 18th to Sunday 20th November, 2015; from 1pm (GMT) on Friday to 12.30pm on Sunday.
The contact email for this event is: enps2016(at)cruzvermelha.org.pt
Title: Psychosocial Responses to the Migrant Crisis
This year’s Forum focuses on the psychosocial responses to the current migrant crisis and in particular the current and on-going work of National Societies, the IFRC and ICRC as we respond to the needs of migrants who enter, transit and become integrated in our countries. We will share and discuss our learning from our recent responses and consider what we might improve in the future, whilst supporting our staff and volunteers.
- Panel Discussion and workshops on the experiences of different parts of the Movement.
- Presentations and discussions about the psychosocial implications for migrants at different stages of their migration (on the move, in transit and integration) including PS responses in these three stages and how we recognise and respond to different perspectives.
- Opportunities for engaging and networking.
- Practical examples of the work from National Societies.
- Follow-up on RC/RC crisis interventions during 2015 & 2016.
- Update from the ENPS Steering Committee and the IFRC Psychosocial Reference Centre.
Presentations of the Annual Forum 2016
Download of all presentations with permission of the authors