Istanbul, Turkey: 11 to 13 October 2013
Hosted by the Turkish Red Crescent
The purpose of the Forum is to provide European Red Cross/Red Crescent National Societies, working in the domain of Psycho-social Support (PS), with a venue and the time to exchange ideas, good practice and tactics. It will allow the participants to set strategy and recommendations for future PS development.
The style of the Forum will include a number of presentations by speakers on related topics, examples of RC/RC practice and interventions, as well as discussions in workshops. The Forum language will be English.
Each European RC/RC National Society is invited to participate. Participants should have interest in, responsibility for, or practical experience of, psycho-social support activities, programmes or training.
The Forum will be held in Istanbul, hosted by the Turkish Red Crescent, from Friday 11 to Saturday 13 October, 2013.
“We are on the way up” - capacity building in psychosocial support
Training is the foundation – “the sky is the limit”
The Forum this year will focus on the capacity building in training. We will share, exchange and discuss the following:
- How to create and improve PSS skills with training
- What training materials exist and what their status is within the RC/RC world; lessons learned, good practice, new needs for training emerging today
- Quality criteria, content of the training, didactics, levels and standards
- Which methods work well and which to avoid; is there an evidence for successful PS training
- How the concept of resilience influenced the training
- Existing PS tools developed by the Reference Centre
- Practical examples of the work of National Societies
- Follow-up on RC/RC post-crisis interventions during recent years.