Red Crescent Society of Kyrgyzstan
Who is responsible for psychosocial support (PSS)?
Contact for PSS
Tel.: +996 (312 )300190 ext. 121
Mob.:+996 (553 )959178
Website of the national society or PSS
Case study: The Red Crescent Society of Kyrgyzstan provided support for affected peo-ple of Dacha-Su plane crash, their families and emergency response personnel through psychosocial support and cash distribution.
Тематическое исследование: Национальное Общество Красного Полумесяца Кыр-гызстана (НОКП КР) оказало поддержку пострадавшим в результате авиакатастро-фы в Дача-Су, их семьям и персоналу подразделений быстрого реагирования, предоставляя психосоциальную поддержку и безусловные денежные гранты
Field of psychosocial support at the moment
Health & Social Care activities:
- HIV, hepatitis, TB and other infections prevention. All of patients receive psychosocial and humanitarian assistance; the network of nurses covers TB patients with resistant forms of tuberculosis, helping to lead uninterrupted and effective medical treatment;
- Care of lonely elderly people, children in difficult life situation and persons with disabilities – providing psychosocial support, right equipment and home help;
- Livelihood activities for women in difficult life situation, where RCSK teaches them sewing and life skills.
Disaster Management activities:
- Tracing service helps separated relatives to search and find each other, build relationship between them;
- Disaster Risk Reduction includes PSS component, where trained trainers/ instructors conduct basic trainings for community leaders in rural and remote areas in all 7 provinces. All local disaster community teams are actively involved in simulation exercises and in response activities to local disasters;
- All 9 National Disaster Response Teams (NDRT) are trained in field of DM knowledge, including Psychological First Aid (PFA). In additional, they always engage to disaster response with Ministry of Emergency Situation (MoES);
- Provide PFA courses for rescue and social workers.