Online Training www.teamoesterreich.at/challenge
- A flash based serious-gaming application was developed.
- Findings of research phase suggested that an online training needed to be easy as a game and incorporating social functionalities and social networks for a young target group.
- It mirrors the casual character of spontaneous volunteering: as “Team Österreich” has a young working target group with limited time resources there was a necessity to create an online training in disaster preparedness which was not bound to a fix schedule and builds upon the diverse knowledge and skills across the target group.
- During project span social networks, especially Facebook become massively popular. The serious game was adapted as online application with social gaming functionalities for social networking site “Facebook” and can be played under http://apps.facebook.com/worst-case-hero (for registered Facebook-users)
- For Team Österreich members and a general audience not wanting multi-player features it is accessible on the website www.teamoesterreich.at/challenge